Friday, May 30, 2008

Way To Go Big Guy

We just returned from Jack's one month check-up. Of course he woke up this morning with one eye swollen and gunked shut. I guess it was actually perfect timing so that we didn't have to bring him in separately to the doctor just for the eye. Turns out it is a clogged tear duct, apparently very common in babies. Normally it would just resolve itself, but since his eye is also kind of swollen the doc decided to give us a prescription for an antibiotic ointment. Fun stuff, smearing ointment in a wriggly newborn's eye!

The normal check-up part of the visit went well. He is growing like crazy! Although he was 8lbs 12oz when he was born, at his one week check-up he was only 8lbs 4oz. Well, a mere three weeks later he weighed in at a whopping 10lbs 12oz. He gained 2 1/2 lbs in three weeks! That is exciting stuff - especially since he was so sleepy in the beginning that I was waking him up to eat and even then he would only eat for about 5 minutes at a stretch.

I don't recall the other stats off the top of my head (they are written down in a folder which I left in the car and am too tired/lazy to go get right now). The doc was impressed by his growth though, so I'm happy! I'll try to get the camera out in a little bit when he wakes up and take some 1month photos to post.

No comments: