Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Memorial Weekend

Happy Memorial Weekend from the Kanary clan! We are enjoying a beautiful weekend here in Cincinnati. Great weather, great friends, and some family time. I can't believe Jack is almost four weeks old. The time has gone by in a bit of a blur, but we are enjoying him and having a great time with Katherine in her new role as big sister.

Since Jack sleeps so much during the day still, we have taken to laying down for family naps (at least Katherine, Jack, and I) in the afternoon. It gets Katherine to take a much-needed nap and gives me the opportunity to recharge (which I desperately need by mid-afternoon). I am so greatful for our king-sized bed because it facilitates moments like these. The other day I woke up sandwiched between my two kids - it was a really sweet moment. Neither of them had woken up yet so I had a minute to just stare at the two of them. They are just the two most adorable kids in the world!

Contrast that moment with one I had a day or so later. James had been out of town for at least 36 hours so I had had at least one day (and night) of solo parenting so my nerves were understandibly a little raw. I swear I felt like I was in a commercial for bubble bath or something...I was holding a very grumpy Jack, bouncing him up and down in an attempt to calm him down, and Katherine was running in circles around me singing at the top of her lungs. It was hysterical - I couldn't help but laugh.

I wish you and yours a wonderful Memorial Day! Make the most of the day off (if you get it). :)

No comments: